Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Make the world sing in perfect harmony

Living in such a conscious city, a few months ago I started seeing all these interesting looking comfy shoes all over the streets.  I then found out that they were made by Toms, not knowing much about the company.  I came to find out that Toms is a conscious company that gives a pair of shoes to a child in need for every pair purchased.  One of my clients, an older woman, came in a couple months ago with a pair on and I commented on how I had been wanting a pair for myself.  She then told me she had about 10 different pairs in various colors and said they were the most comfortable shoes she has ever had.  She also mentioned that Blake the owner of Toms had sent her a free gift, a beautiful scarf from his travels for being a great supporter of his cause.  I thought that was such a sweet gesture and made me really want to support the company even more than I already had.  I had been wanting a pair but after trying them on, yes they were comfy and no they were not the most fashionable things ever but I thought I could wear them on comfy days with jeans.  I ended up buying a pair for my boyfriend for the holidays and he is absolutely in love with his (the brown and black suede with fuzzy inside).  I am now wanting the low booties or the boots, maybe even a fun pair of the sparkle shoes.   And for a added bonus,  just look how handsome Blake Mycoskie, the founder is. 




Giving to the kids

No comments: