Tuesday, September 29, 2009

DIY day!!

I have been slowly adding to and creating my halloween costume, here is the updated version of the headdress and the necklace I made.  The necklace is made with leather, a piece of some Vietnamese or Thai pants that I also cut off today (more on that in a minute) and a large fake turquoise stone.   The headdress is made with feathers from my father who is a hunter (duck I believe) and some white ones that were purchased, the rest of the supplies I had in my crafting stash.




I also decided to dye these jeans darker, besides the stains they have collected I have been wanting some dark flares a la Rachel Zoe.  For some reason it is easier to find the lighter ones these days so I made my own.  They aren't dry yet and they are much darker than the pictures shows them to be.  I think they turned out well but I'll let you know when they are dry.




This skirt is made from some amazing Vietnamese or Thai tribal pants that I have had for a while, they have always been too big but I had to purchase them because they were so beautiful.  I have been wanting to turn them into a skirt for a while and finally did it today after seeing a blog post that finalized the idea in my head.  The original pants were a elastic waist with huge flares on both legs about 1/2 way down.  I always knew the flares would make the best skirt and I was right.  I'm so glad I finally made it, thanks to the Stylist wanderer for the push.

5 comments:

MaddyLane Designs said...

fabulous love the head piece, marvelous creation!

Missa said...

Oooh, I LOVE the headress and necklace! Your costume is going to be amazing and the DIY skirt is super cute too, nice job!

Kira Aderne said...

This headdress is absolutely amazing! So original!!!

I love it!

JanuskieZ said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Stéphanie said...

Great !