Thursday, January 15, 2009

DIY Fur scarf

As I was sitting around today waiting to go to work, I decided to look for a project.  I started going through my many drawers of fabric and discovered a forgotten gem.  This fur was from a stash of vintage fabrics that I inherited from my grandmother who was a seamstress beginning at age 3.  It's real fur and is also older than I am.  I would never buy new fur, but if it's vintage there is nothing I can do about it other than try to honor it by making it useful.   It was originally 2 separate pieces (most likely from a old coat) that I sewed together.  I then added the nice soft fabric on the other side as a liner.  I like how it turned out.  Now if it would just get cold enough to wear it here, the weather has turned into summer around here.  It's nice that it's warm, but I was enjoying the layering. 



No comments: