I started out with some scrap leather from a purse I made. I folded it in half so it was even on both sides then cut it with scalloped edges.
Then I added this old earring who was all alone, I lost the other right after I got them a few years back and have been saving it for some sort of DIY. I attached it with some studs which I bought at a leather store in Seattle.
Then I laid out all the pieces and started glueing them on one by one. I started in the middle then went back and forth on either side to balance it out. (I used hot glue but will need to go back and use something stronger) I have a really strong jewelry glue that I will use. It needs to dry for about a day. I will see if I still like the layout and then make it final. I might make it smaller and more compact.
The finished project so far.