Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Mind altering!

I finally tackled my pile of sewing alterations. I hadn't felt like sewing much lately. It's funny, once I start, I can't stop. These dresses are all so much better at a shorter length. It seems I would rather have my 60's and 70's dresses shorter than they come. The dresses I have from the 50's don't bother me in a longer length, but these all needed to be lopped off. My favorite alteration is the 80's dress. It was way to warm to wear here in California (it's a really thick jersey almost like a wool). I chopped a lot off the bottom and cut the sleeves off, it's super cute now. Being that it is black I can wear it to work too!




3 comments:

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Wohoo, brave you! It always feels so great to make a small change to a garment that will make you wear it, and love it, instead of jsut having it taking up space in your closet...

Btw I rememebr you once givin me a hint about the Atomic Bombshells, well guess what, we'll be performing at the same happening this summer with one of the girls from AB here in Helsinki :) Funny huh?

The Freelancer's FashionBlog said...

Noup, we don't have iPhones but anyway, it's LuckyPenny who's coming here :D

Imelda Matt - The Despotic Queen of Shoes said...

I have no patience for the sewing machine...straight to the tailor for me.