Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Great deal of the day!


I just got a similar black version of this DKNY shoe (it has a black wedge instead of the wicker) for 7.99 at my local thrift store today. Being that they are charging 146.00$ online for the brown version, I saved over 130$! I'll take some DKNY for 8$ any day! I know that Cheap Jap would be so proud! I also scored a really awesome 70s, brown, leather, skinny belt with amazing little brass studs and a super sheer, soft, tan, safari like tunic made by DA-NANG that has a super deep v neck which is great for by huge chest. I can wear it with a cute tank or camisole underneath. Now to the scary part. Yea, it wasn't all great deals today, read on......

Todays trip was filled with some terror as I got followed around the store for about 20 minutes by a creepy jerk. Yes, he followed me from the purse section to the women's shoes, up and down the isles too. It was one of the scariest things I have ever experienced. I was even scared to leave the store after I watched him leave. I think he figured out I knew and then walked right out of the store. I waited another 1/2 hour before walking out, myself. I have never felt so terrified that something really bad was going to happen. I figured out almost instantly that he was following and watching me, it was a strange feeling to know that my instinct worked so fast. I did score some pretty amazing pieces today so I guess it was almost worth the creepy asshole to find some great things.

Have you ever been followed? Did your instinct kick in right away like mine did?


If you are wondering, this shoe is super ultra comfortable, the leather is like butta!

2 comments:

What we four say said...

I had to share this story a friend told me VIA facebook.....

watch out ladies, there are some major creeps out there!! Story from my friend Adria, who is also a vintage seller in Seattle.

"I once had a guy follow me, then in the dressing room while trying on a bikini top I caught him peeking over the stall with a mirror...I screamed and he reached over and grabbed a clump of my hair then took off....I chased him topless through Value V and not one person helped me!"

Unknown said...

Ugg! Yes...and it's always creepy old guys, too. Don't know why- I'm young enough to be their granddaughter! :/