Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Look Magazine from 1967

I found this magazine at my local thrift a couple weeks ago. I just love vintage magazines and this one was particularly interesting. It has some really neat pictures of some psychedelic face and body paint, that I believe I have seen before. I got super giddy when I spotted it. There is also a lot about the Vietnam war which is such a historic nightmare. Two of my uncles were in that war and one died (years after the war) because of complications from toxic chemicals he had been exposed to. The other also died of cancer years later, which most likely was due to the same problem although never confirmed. I hope you will enjoy these historic photos as much as I do!

I want to thanks you all for your lovely comments lately. I have been blogging for quite a while now and it took so long to get feedback from readers. I love reading all the kind words you have to share. If you have any questions you would like me to answer please leave a comment and I will try to answer them all.
The gorgeous cover that drew me in!

look magazine 1967

The article about painting your face! Doesn't the lower blond look like lady Gaga? I also think the brunette in the picture below this one looks like Minnie Driver.

look magazine 1967
look magazine 1967
look magazine 1967

I love the caption of this photo, it reads "The blond hair and the frekles suggest typical california surfer. The beads are hippie. She is neither."

look magazine 1967

look magazine 1967

Some of the photos got cut off, the title in full reads "What we can do to end the agony of Vietnam"
look magazine 1967

These could be my uncles, RIP Butch and Roger
look magazine 1967

1 comment:

Missa said...

Love the face painting images!